Your privacy is critically important to us. favourites.io we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, ensure ongoing operation of our services, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please see the GDPR section below.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use this website.
When you register for a favourites.io account(the “Service”), we ask you for your email address. When look for this information so that we can send you a notification letting you know that your Twitter Likes (or Bookmarks) have been imported into favourites.io.
Log in / Sign up
The billing details you provide are processed and stored by Stripe, which is a trusted, PCI compliant third-party. Your billing details never touch any of our servers. Please see Stripe’s Terms of Service for details.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
What Information Is Being Collected?
We collect several types of data:
- Email address
- Twitter Screen Name
- Twitter Profile Name
- Your Twitter Likes
- Your Twitter Bookmarks (if using the Favourites.io Chrome Extension)
How Is It Collected?
The data we collect about you is collected in the following ways:
- By directly asking you for it, such as during a signup process
- By automated means, when you log in via Twitter.
Why Is It Being Collected?
We use the information we collect in numerous ways, such as:
- Ensuring ongoing operation of our Service
- Delivering services agreed upon
- Understanding and analysing how you use our Service
- Developing new features and functionality
- Communicating with you, for customer service, to provide you with updates about
- The Service, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Notifying you about events within your account
Who Will It Be Shared With?
We share your information with various third parties who provide services on our behalf or to help with our business activities, such as: payment processing (Stripe) and providing customer service (Drift).
Your Data Protection Rights Under GDPR
- Right to access your data: You have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed and to access the information we hold about you.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as direct marketing.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of your data.
- Right to erasure (“Right to be forgotten”): You have the right to have your personal data erased.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- Please contact email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of our contractors and affiliated organizations that:
- Need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and
- That have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
Other than to our contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect property or rights of ours, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of favourites.io and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with favourites.io.
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Favourites.io, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Favourites.io may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.